Stop trying to be lazy. Stop trying to be cute. Stop trying to mutilate the English language. Just type out the damn words, people. The letters are all there on your keyboard — you just need to press the buttons with those curvy things on them. You seem like less of a moron when you do. Just trying to help.
- 1Pl0xNot cute.
- 2I Can Has?Moronic and ruined.
- 3Wat/WutTry sounding it out. Sounds stupid.
- 4YWhy is a fucking three letter word.
- 5LolOverused and means nothing now.
- 6any1It takes one second to type one.
- 7kkThe extra k is SUPERFLUOUS.
- 8n00bIt’s a sad insult.
- 10uYou is another three letter word.
8/27/11 Update: Harley has posted a rebuttal. I reciprocated. Read here.
Harley “Ability44″ Dishon seemed like a decent fellow human. He was introduced to me via a mutual friend quite a while ago and was in the market for some web development work. While he didn’t quite have a clear cut goal yet, he was willing to pay, and truthfully that was all that mattered since we could hammer out the details as we went on. Web development is my gig after all. It’s what pays the bills.
I tend to run an informal operation. Minimal contracts, work by the hour, and just that sort of jive. In addition I try to be as fair and personable as possible. Hosting client sites for free, offering access to select source files, etc. The nice guy.
Well, shame on me for assuming people wouldn’t take advantage of that. Let me explain. Continue reading
I was just invited into the Battlefield 3 Alpha, and was absolutely thrilled until I read that I would need to download BF3 via Origin. “Dammit,” I thought, “I’ve been avoiding Origin at all costs since it’s condemned by practically every gamer out there.” Oh well, so I bit the proverbial bullet and played around with Origin — comparing it to Steam of course — and will now document my experience for the posterity. Try not to spot my bias.
YOU’VE GOT THIS. GIVE IT YOUR ALL. IT’S YOUR TIME TO SHINE AND SHOW EVERYONE ELSE WHAT YOU’RE MADE OF. NOTHING STANDS IN YOUR WAY. IT’S JUST YOU AND YOU ONLY. IT’S TIME TO GET PUMPED — SCREW THE OTHER GUYS. THEY AREN’T AS FLY AS YOU ARE. WHAT? IS THAT THE SOUND OF BOOING? HELL NO. THAT’S EVERYONE ELSE CHEERING YOU ON. THEY KNOW YOU’RE A WINNER AND WISH THEY WERE AS KILLER AS YOU.
Here are ten songs that WINNERS listen to. Enjoy!
It seems like the cool people have made posts like this, so here goes. Nothing in-depth, just my quick opinions and recollections.
- Battlefield: Bad Company 2: Lost interest in the campaign but have had a blast in multiplayer. — 4/5
- Minecraft: Insanely fun. Anyone who has yet to buy it is seriously missing out. I play other games and always end up on Minecraft by the end of the evening. — 6/5
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2: Fun campaign, but the multiplayer (the main reason for buying) is more or less broken on the PC. — 1/5
- Dawn of Discovery: Very entertaining game and more complex than it lets on at first, leaving you constantly revising your strategies. — 5/5
- Fallout: New Vegas: Somewhat lost interest halfway through. Very fun action, but long travel times and a harsh landscape make me loathe progressing into the game any further. Did not experience any serious bugs. — 3/5
- Call of Duty: Black Ops: Really came through in places that MW2 lacked, namely PC support. Fun campaign but lost interest in multiplayer quickly. — 3/5
- Just Cause 2: Stupid fun gameplay, but the missions are repetitive, so I mainly spent time exploring the incredible island. — 4/5
- Killing Floor: Really fun with a group of dependable friends, otherwise it’s a frustrating blood bath. — 4/5
- Left 4 Dead 2: I was expecting so much more, but even with the weekly mutations, the re-playability just isn’t there for me. — 2/5
- Poker Night at the Inventory: Enjoyable dialog while playing classic Texas Hold Em. Only $5. — 4/5
- Borderlands: The art style never really did it for me, and the gameplay felt more like a grind than an adventure. — 2/5
- Civilization V: Was really hyped up for this to come out, and became bored with it within a month. Really should have some other people to play with otherwise this game isn’t as enjoyable. — 3/5
- Tropico 3: More fun than you’d expect. Being an island dictator has never been so fun! — 4/5
- Team Fortress 2: It’s TF2, stupid. — 5/5
- Supreme Commander 2: Only got it because it was on sale. Never made it past the tutorial. — n/a
My Steam profile.